Alrighty, moving on to less mind-blowing topics, it is the new year (well in about 13 hours for me at least) and so I guess it's time for all those New Year's Resolutions to spring forth in plenty! I've already seen commercials on TV and heard commercials on the radio about weight loss, stop smoking campaigns, etc., targeting all those who are going that route. Long ago I made resolutions, and then broke nearly all of them. Then I started making resolutions that I knew I wouldn't break -- i.e. wear seatbelt (I always do so it's not a far stretch), brush teeth daily, eat at least once a day... get my drift? Then I realized that that was just stupid. So, I started making New Year's Resolutions to not make any resolutions, therefore I wouldn't break any. But if I make a resolution to not make any resolutions so I wouldn't break said resolution didn't I indeed make a resolution and therefore break it all at the same time. (There is no spoon.)
Oh geez, I fear I might have lost you after that last paragraph... BUT, if you're still here, I do have some resolutions. And they are resolutions that I plan to keep, so please encourage me to do so... :)
1. Declutter my house, keep it clean, and organize my office better. [I've actually already started this one, you should see the PILES and PILES of stuff to be thrown or given away.] I'm hoping for my office to look similar to this in a few months:
2. Participate in a sprint triathlon. I know most people just say that they want to lose weight in the New Year, but that really hasn't worked for me in the past so this year I'm doing something different. I'm going to start training for a triathlon and in doing so, the weight should fall off freely. That's my hope anyway...
3. Read, Read, READ!!! I'm always reading things but so much of the time I'm reading things for my own entertainment - *ahem* Twilight Saga Books.... BUT, this year I'm going to still read for my own entertainment, but I'm also going to read some books to help me grow as a Christian (I've already started Captivating and its workbook), AND I plan to read the Bible too. I've got a few other books lined up for after I finish Captivating and I've seen numerous plans for reading the Bible in one year so I'm going to pick that up too. :)
4. I've got ideas! LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of ideas. Ideas about ministries, ideas about new creative projects, ideas about my house (inside and out), ideas about books and paintings, ideas about IDEAS! So... I'm going to start including them in my journal and hopefully, I can start getting some of these ideas into fruition. After all, Edison, Shakespeare, Da Vinci, all started with just an idea... ;)
5. Get out of more debt. I'm happy to say that we paid off our Lowe's credit (which was a small amount) and we paid off my wedding ring (which was NOT a small amount) just yesterday so that's two bills we paid off this year and I'm hoping to pay off *most* of our other small debts this next year.
Well, I think that just about wraps up my New Year's Resolutions for 2010. Who knows, maybe I'll add more later. What are YOUR New Year's Resolutions?? :) Care to share?